This is the route to market for brands who want to ensure they stay Cruelty free as there is NO animal testing involved! This is explained more in the course.
So what is so special about this course?
There is nothing like it on the market. WHY?
Because the people who hold all the information are service providers - platforms, distributors, trade partners, agencies, shipping agents etc and they don't have a strong interest in giving you the full picture before you sign up with them.
And this guide is dedicated to BEAUTY.
I have worked with all these players through my clients first hand and have a robust understanding of the different routes to market, costs and pitfalls.
It was such a maze to navigate and people trip up so often I wanted to put this course together to take that anxiety out of the process.
The course is broken down and covers the following all important areas:
1. What is CBEC & what platforms can you sell through - advantage and disadvantages of each
2. A specific deep dive into TMALL - as the best known platform
3. A detailed look at LOGISTICS and SHIPPING - how this needs to be set up, costs, paperwork and taxation involved.
4. What you need to know about your target CONSUMER and how/where to build brand AWARENESS
5. Key ADVICE and NEXT STEPS - helping you answer key questions like do you need your own website? Is Tmall the best option? What sort of budget do I need to put aside? How long will it take me to make a profit....?
It also includes downloadable cheat sheets on Platforms, Retail models, Shipping Channels and costs.
I will also keep you up to date on the latest changes to the policy on ANIMAL TESTING.
- A branding expert who has extensive experience on helping brands position themselves. We discussed many topics including the importance of local Chinese naming in China. Tips on how the balance between staying true to your brand and adapting to a difference culture including the best ways to easily check your product fit before entering into the market.
- A clean beauty retailer in Hong Kong about his journey to bringing his dream to life. He talks about what resonates with a local audience in terms of product and positioning. How he introduces new products to his customer base and his best advice for new brands entering the market. And finally you will be made part of a private group where you can ask specific questions and get advice both from me and others who may be further down the track.
- A distributor for China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. She is a Clean beauty veteran, having owned her own natural beauty stores in China before animal testing changed the physical retail landscape. Now she uses cross border e-commerce for the brands she represents. Including Organic Pharmacy, Lily Lolo and more.
- A regulatory expert for Korea, Japan, China and Singapore. She has worked for years advising and helping cosmetics brands enter many of Asia's key cosmetics markets. We focus on Japan and Korea with lots of great information to help you prepare for your launch in these market.
This will be your place to ask each other and me specific questions to your brand and situation. Having gone through all the content of the course I'm sure you will have specific questions so you an email me directly.
I have another course which is a more general entry to ASIA course where you get an overview of the key Asian markets, their customers, key retailers and trends. This is the GET READY course.
If you buy the GET SET course you will get the GET READY course completely FREE worth $195!
I am a British-Australian with a bit of a love affair with Asia and have made it my home.
Preview1. INTRODUCTION - WHAT THIS COURSE COVERS (4:36)
Start2. WHAT IS CROSS BORDER E_COMMERCE (CBEC) (8:12)
Start3. WHAT ARE THE CBEC SALES CHANNEL OPTIONS (15:29)
Start4. IS TMALL THE BEST OPTION FOR BEAUTY? (11:48)
Start5. HOW DOES CBEC LOGISTICS & SHIPPING WORK? (14:00)
Start6. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CHINESE CONSUMER (11:53)
Start7. BUILDING AWARENESS FOR YOUR BRAND (20:57)
Start8. KEY CONSIDERATIONS & NEXT STEPS (17:54)
StartInterview: Branding & Chinese Naming with Rosann Ling of Prism Creative (25:41)
StartInterview: Retail in Hong Kong with Chris Yiu of Beautysaur
StartInterview: Distribution and building brands in China with Michelle Yeh of Green and Gorgeous (35:11)
StartInterview: Regulatory with Sok-Han Ng of FoCus Lab Asia (35:51)
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $195
Frequently Asked Questions
I really hope I've convinced you to sign up to this super comprehensive course. This really gives you an extra edge.
By the end of this course you will be ready to:
- Be able to start working on your local brand positioning. Be able to decide what you need to adapt and what stays the same globally
- Prepare the information that a local distributor will want to see when you are pitching your brand
- Be fully informed about the main cruelty free route into China and be able to work with local partners in a confident way